Senior Tax Accountant – Cryptocurrency
August 28, 2022
We are a 100% virtual CPA firm that works across the United States. Our firm’s niche is focused on cryptocurrency and digital businesses serving cryptocurrency investors, Web 3.0 businesses and e-commerce businesses nationwide. Our team has a passion for cryptocurrency and digital businesses, own cryptocurrency themselves and are involved in digital businesses. We’re different and […]
We are a 100% virtual CPA firm that works across the United States. Our firm’s niche is focused on cryptocurrency and digital businesses serving cryptocurrency investors, Web 3.0 businesses and e-commerce businesses nationwide. Our team has a passion for cryptocurrency and digital businesses, own cryptocurrency themselves and are involved in digital businesses.
We’re different and so are the people that work with us. We believe in the future of cryptocurrency, digital businesses and remote work. We are on a mission to change the accounting industry by creating a premier remote based firm that are leaders in the cryptocurrency industry and that provide work culture that enables our employees to thrive.
In this role you will have exposure to all aspects of crypto including DeFi, Metaverse, Gaming, NFTs, Mining, and more. As a Senior Associate at our firm, you will prepare and review Corporate, Partnership, Trust, and Individual tax returns as well as the corresponding workpapers that support those tax returns. Additionally, Senior Associates will categorize and reconcile cryptocurrency and traditional accounting transactions for Corporate, Partnership, Trust, and Individual portfolios. Senior Associates will design workflows, manage new client onboarding, ensure our clients’ books are closed timely, and provide support for client audits. Senior Associates will also provide technical input on tax and accounting issues, research tax solutions, provide training to less experienced staff, and nurture client relationships.
Team members who thrive at our firm have great time management skills, are adaptable, and work well in an autonomous environment.
Areas of Responsibility
· Reconcile client’s cryptocurrency records to create tax reports
· Trace client transactions through public ledgers/blockchain
· Reconcile unmatched cryptocurrency gain/loss calculations and ending balance variances to ensure accuracy and compliance
· Manage and review accounting for complex cryptocurrency portfolios as assigned by management.
· Manage new client accounting projects from assessment, implementation and clean up to steady-state, particularly new clients that have significant accounting complexity in crypto
· Issue opinions on complex crypto transactions
· Manage accounting for complex companies as assigned by management
· Manage financial statement preparation and month-end reporting
· Prepare and review complex tax returns as assigned by management in a timely and accurate manner
· Prepare and review workpapers that support the tax return, ensure completeness and accuracy
· Provide first-level review of tax returns and accounting prepared by associates and peers
· Clear tax return diagnostics to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
· Consult with clients, when needed
· Hold tax return debrief calls with clients to educate them on their tax return and various tax positions we have taken
· Hold cryptocurrency accounting debrief calls with clients to educate them on their portfolio and various tax positions we have taken and any discrepancies
· Recommend other services to the benefit of the client such as bookkeeping, tax planning etc.
· Assist in managing client expectations and be responsive to their communications and emails and ensure all client promises are met
· Maintain work throughput and quality
· Improve workflow processes and remove barriers to efficiency
· Perform technical research as requested by management, or to assist associates with their technical development, present findings with citations
· Support management with capacity planning, know the flexing capacity for yourself and associates you are responsible for
· Mentor and train associates to develop technical and professional skills
Expectations for remote work
No noise in the background
Business casual attire for client interactions
Always use video
You’re a Good Fit For Our Culture If:
You take ownership of your work and your clients and drive projects to the finish line
You love working with and speaking to clients, delivering results and improving their lives
You’re disciplined and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is in relentless pursuit of changing the accounting industry and serving the cryptocurrency and digital business industry
You are deeply interested in the latest regulatory guidance around crypto and are eager to share your learnings with the team and clients
You believe in the future of Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Web 3.0 and digital businesses and want to be a part of this growing industry
You’re sincere, honest, enjoy working with others and have an attention to detail
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s in accounting from an accredited college or university
1+ years of crypto accounting experience preferred ideally in multiple areas of crypto (DeFi, NFTs, Mining, etc.)
3 to 5 years of preparing and reviewing 1040s, 1065s, and 1120-S tax returns
3 to 5 years of experience with ledger systems: QuickBooks Online or Xero
Familiarity with general concepts of cryptocurrency and blockchain
Crypto ledger experience preferred (Bitcoin.tax, Zenledger, Cointracker, Legible, Gilded, etc.)
Public Accounting/ Outsourced Accounting experience
Familiarity with general concepts of ecommerce and/or Web 3.0 a plus
Ability to learn internal systems and software related to accounting, blockchain and crypto
Experience preparing multiple state tax returns
Demonstrated passion and deep understanding of emerging trends within the cryptocurrency industry via participation in web 3.0 or other forms of self-directed learning
Attention to detail and ability to work with large amounts of data – you will be working through many client transactions
CPA certification preferred
Nothing is more important than our reputation – we maintain the highest level of integrity.
Camuso CPA is focused on delivering actionable, proactive and valuable insights to our clients while meeting all their traditional financial, tax, and accounting needs.
Camuso CPA has superior technical and industry knowledge to serve our clients combined with a first-class professional background and experience.
Camuso CPA is committed to delivering the highest-level of quality service to our clients.
What client's have to say
"Excellent professionalism and courtesy from this highly knowledgeable and dedicated firm. My go-to for crypto related accounting and preparation services. Highly recommended for any crypto asset holder."
Excellent professionalism and courtesy.
"Patrick is a fantastic accountant and is fluent with crypto / crypto-regulations."
"I work with Camuso CPA for both my business and personal taxes. They have been great in terms of tax planning and saving on taxes for my eCommerce business. Camuso CPA has also been great in terms of cryptocurrency accounting and advice related to this. My crypto situation was a nightmare and they were able to accurately handle everything. Patrick is the most knowledgeable person I have ever spoken with for crypto taxes."
HE DID A GREAT HONEST JOB
"The service was excellent. I had no idea on how to present the information. Considering that the data was put together by people with experience gave a lot of value to the service. Even if I used some of the tools online that was recommended, my situation was quite complex & would have been very time consuming to make sure that it was accurate. If I used someone without experience, this would be a very expensive & time consuming process and it may not even be accurate. In the end I thought that the service was worth it."
THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT
Reach out to connect and learn more about us
Industry Leading Tax, Accounting & Financial AdviceWork With Us